Crops for the Future
- 2015 Pesticide Training Dates - Northeast District - TBA
- 2015 Weed and Insect Resistance Workshops
- Variety Test Information
- Register for Aglist Serves
- Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP)
- Cropwatch Special Issue on Nitrogen
- Daily Crop Water Use Tables (PDF)
- How to Read the Crop Water Use Tables
- CropWatch Temperature Data
- Light Trap Count 2009 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2010 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2011 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2012 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2013 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2014 (pdf)
Chemigation Training Materials
- Chemigation Manual 2008
- Chemigation Workbook 2008
- Chemigation Updates 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Update Notes 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Training Dates 2015 (pdf) - This will be updated as more dates/locations become available so check back often
Home Study Courses
- Soils Home Study Course
- Irrigation Home Study Course - Contains thirteen chapters. Contact Bill Kranz at 402-584-3857 for more information.
Download free Adobe PDF Reader
March 4, 2015
Nebraska Farm Real Estate Report
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Values Slip 3% in Last Year.
- Cornhusker Economics: 2015 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates Reflect Changes in Agricultural Commodity Prices
February 20-27, 2015
- Corn and Soybean Herbicide Options for Planting Cover Crops for Forage in Fall. Which cover crops are allowed after which herbicides.
- Q&A on Responding to Uninvited Drones over Livestock. Your best response may involve the camera in your smart phone.
- UNL Study Characterizes Genetic Resistance to Wheat Stem Rust, dating back to Gage, a variety released by UNL and USDA in 1963.
Farm Bill Resources
- Farmbill.unl.edu — Information and decision-aid resources
Stored Grain Management
- Regularly Check Stored Grain Temperature and Moisture. As temperatures fluctuate and then warm, the potential for grain losing quality increases.
- SCN Update: 6th Annual 'Tode Awards Announced in recognition of efforts by producers and the Nebraska Soybean Board to test for soybean cyst nematode.
- View segments on analyzing projected planted acres, corn hail damage research, winter wheat condition, calving and breeding, and the forecast for the next week (Feb. 20.
- View segments on soybean seed treatments, the Supreme Court ruling on Republican River water use, the cattle market, and the weather forecast for next week (Feb. 27).
IANR & Extension Events
- Crop Scout Training for Pest Managers March 5
- Next Heuermann Lecture: Climate Change in the American Mind
- Chemigation Certification Training in Western Nebraska
- Nebraska No-till Conferences Feb. 23, 24
- Ag Estate, Transition Planning Workshops
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops
- Landlord Tenant Lease Workshops Continue
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.