Crops for the Future
- 2014 Pesticide Training Dates - Northeast District
- Variety Test Information
- Register for Aglist Serves
- Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP)
- Cropwatch Special Issue on Nitrogen
- Daily Crop Water Use Tables (PDF)
- How to Read the Crop Water Use Tables
- CropWatch Temperature Data
- Light Trap Count 2009 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2010 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2011 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2012 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2013 (pdf)
Chemigation Training Materials
- Chemigation Manual 2008
- Chemigation Workbook 2008
- Chemigation Updates 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Update Notes 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Training Dates 2014 (pdf)
Home Study Courses
- Soils Home Study Course
- Irrigation Home Study Course - Contains thirteen chapters. Contact Bill Kranz at 402-584-3857 for more information.
Download free Adobe PDF Reader
Feb. 24-28, 2014
- Northern Plains Likely to See Below Normal Temps This Spring. UNL State Climatologist Al Dutcher expects Spring 2014 to be much like Spring 2013 with normal to above normal moisture.
- Ocean Temperatures Offer Clues to Crop Season Weather. Along with snowpack and soil moisture recharge, look to ocean temperature trends for clues as to whether a drought can be expected this crop season.
Dry Bean Production
- Dry Edible Bean Acres to Increase; UNL Cultivar Coyne a Top Seed Choice. Coyne, a mid-season bean that matures in 90 days, was released in 2008.
- Take the Great Northern Bean Survey
- UNL Invasive Weed Programs Extend from High Schoolers to Scientists in statewide, year-round effort to provide education and stop the spread of invasive weeds in the state.
- See how Nebraska Invasive Weed Numbers Have Declined
- Changes in How Pesticide Information is Displayed: Globally Harmonized System, SDS, and Pesticide Labels
- New on CropWatch: Nebraska Grain Sales Reports Updated Each Market Day
- UNL Releases Land Lease Calculator App
- How Much Money Can We Lose in Grain Markets? A Cornhusker Economics newsletter looks at how to measure risk in the corn and soybean markests, looking at average price drops in the 2005-2013 markets.
- Free Farm Finance Clinics Scheduled for March
- Culture War Over Food and Farming Topic of Feb. 27 Heuermann Lecture. Robert Paarlberg of Wellesley College will discuss how modern food and farming systems dominate the U.S. commercial marketplace but are under heavy attack in the cultural marketplace.
- Panhandle No-till Conference Feb. 26-27 in Gering
- UNL Cornstalk Grazing Program Feb. 28 at Brule. Learn how cornstalk grazing affects corn yield, soil, water, and livestock.
- Reminder: Cornhusker Economics Outlook Meetings March 3-7 at 9 Sites
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.