Crops for the Future
- 2015 Pesticide Training Dates - Northeast District - TBA
- 2015 Weed and Insect Resistance Workshops
- Variety Test Information
- Register for Aglist Serves
- Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP)
- Cropwatch Special Issue on Nitrogen
- Daily Crop Water Use Tables (PDF)
- How to Read the Crop Water Use Tables
- CropWatch Temperature Data
- Light Trap Count 2009 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2010 (PDF)
- Light Trap Count 2011 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2012 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2013 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2014 (pdf)
- Light Trap Count 2015 (pdf)
Chemigation Training Materials
- Chemigation Manual 2008
- Chemigation Workbook 2008
- Chemigation Updates 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Update Notes 2008 (pdf)
- Chemigation Training Dates 2015 (pdf) - PLEASE NOTE THE MAY 21 CHEMIGATION TRAINING IN NORFOLK HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAY 20 AT 9 AM AT THE LIFELONG LEARNING CENTER
Home Study Courses
- Soils Home Study Course
- Irrigation Home Study Course - Contains thirteen chapters. Contact Bill Kranz at 402-584-3857 for more information.
Download free Adobe PDF Reader
April 10, 2015
- Dryland Corn Seeding Rates for Western Nebraska. Based on UNL research, agronomist Bob Klein discusses how optimum seeding rates are affected by stored soil water, crop residue level, and hybrid selection and shares data and recommended populations.
- Skip-Row Corn Planting. UNL research shows how skip-row planting can increase yield from dryland corn in western Nebraska, given there's enough wheat residue in the field.
- New Soybean Herbicides for 2015. Check out what these new tank mixes of existing modes of action can offer for your integrated weed management system.
- Cutworm Scouting Urged in Western Nebraska. While levels are still low, two entomologists urge growers to scout their alfalfa and wheat now. Treatment thresholds, including for stressed wheat, are included.
- WWII Nitrogen Production Issues in Age of Modern Fertilizers. The third in this series to look at the history of fertilizer use and development for agriculture.
- April Forecast. Al Dutcher looks at when we're likely to see further precipitation and urges farmers to watch forecasts and soil temps when starting to plant.
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update for April. Tyler Williams takes a look at the weather record for March and what's predicted for planting season.
- Nebraska Farmers Invited to Contribute to National Cover Crop Survey. Input requested from both those growing and not growing cover crops.
- View segments on soil moisture conditions and planting recommendatins to avoid early season corn seedling diseaes, a grain market update, and the forecast for the coming week.
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.